Sharing recipes, crafts and frugal living, the challenges and triumphs of parenting a neurotypical child and a child on the Autism Spectrum. Yoga Instructor said goodbye to her nightly glass of Chardonnay to give up habits that were not serving her purpose in life! The CocktailMom name remains, however with a new focus on healthy and authentic living.

8/11/2008

Kid's Mini Book




My cousin, Angie, who lives in Georgia was in town visiting the family and her daughter, sweet, little Emily's 2nd birthday was celebrated. As you know I am making all of my gifts this year and since this was planned at the last minute I needed a last minute gift to make. I made a very easy mini book for her. Using small file folders and binder rings (found at an office supply store) I created a book to learn colors and numbers. Each page I photoshoped the picture to be an entire color over the image and then used scraps of card stock to decorate. The giraffe on the orange page is actually from a Toys R Us advertisement I got in the mail. Each page has a picture of a family member so not only will she learn colors, numbers and shapes she'll also learn the faces of her family in Maryland.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails